- Lord, purify my mind, my heart, my voice, and my hands. May you bring innocence to my life once again. Make me holy and right in your sight. Cause my mind to wander into your presence. Create in me a clean heart, O Lord.
- Lord, free me from anxiety. In the mess in which I live, help me see your path to peace. Help me to lay my burdens at your feet and then leave it there. I cannot always fix what is around me, but I can let you fix my heart during the storms. Create in me a calm heart, O Lord.
- Lord, free me from legalism and the hurt it causes others. Help me to see others as you do. Help me to know the situation before casting judgment and spewing criticism. Help me be gentle, not lenient, in my dealings with others. Create in me a considerate heart, O Lord.
- Lord, adjust my mind to be open to you. Help me to be willing to listen to your Word and adjust myself to its demands. Help me to be submissive to your ways and not my own. Create in me a compliant heart, O Lord.
- Lord, may I produce the good, good fruit of mercy to those in need. Help me to see the need. Help me to meet the need. Help me to be kind. Let my actions show concern, even if I don’t feel they deserve it. Create in me a compassionate heart, O Lord.
- Lord, free my judgements from prejudice. Help me to live out the truth that you created all mankind and we are all equally guilty of sin and in need of a Savior. Help me to see beyond the outside and sense the heart of a person. Help me to shed the hypocrisy I have clothed my life with by allowing the culture to drive my belief and behavior. Create in me a consistent heart, O Lord.
- Lord, let my life be an open book for all to read and see your great love and life. May I be sincere in my words and deeds. Help me to be authentic. Help me be genuine. As you call me to love, laugh, and live may it be real. Remove all the fake from my life. May it be burned off as dross from silver to reach purity once again. Create in me a committed heart, O Lord.
But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere. And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.