1. To Love God is to Get to Know Him—by Studying His Word and Praying to Him
“But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced
of because you know those from whom you have learned it, and how from infancy you
have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation
through faith in Christ Jesus.” 2 Timothy 3:14-15
“Be joyful always, pray continually,give thanks in all circumstances, for this is
God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
2. To Love God is to Put Your Trust in Him.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in
all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
3. To Love God is to Choose to Obey Him.
“Jesus replied, ‘If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will
love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.’” John 14:23
4. To Love God is to Thank Him In Everything.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with
thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6
5. To Love Each Other is to Serve Each Other.
“You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge
in sinful behavior, rather, serve one another in love.” Galatians 5:13
6. To Love Each Other is to Encourage Each Other.
“But encourage each other daily, a long as it is called Today, so that none of you
may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.” Hebrews 3:13
7. To Love Each Other is to Submit to One Another.
“Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.” Ephesians 5:21
8. To Love Each Other is to Share One Another’s Burdens.
“Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”
9. Our Love for Others is Demonstrated When We Show them Compassion.
“When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because
they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.” Mark
10. Our Love for Others is Demonstrated When We Show them Mercy.
“Be merciful to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to
others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted
flesh.” Jude 22-23
11. Our Love for Others is Demonstrated When We Build Relationships with Them.
“When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, ‘Zaccheus, come
down immediately. I must stay at your house today.’” Luke 19:5
12. Our Love for Others is Demonstrated When We Share the Gospel with Them.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will
be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
**Thanks to Vicki Hooker and our Prayer Team at Coulter Road Baptist Church for developing these for our year.