The Christian community is twitterpated with the recent release of Superman. It seems that we are all looking for a Superman in our lives. We want someone who can fly in, fix the situation, and then fly off. We want to know that when trouble rises there is someone to whom we can turn.
When the money runs out
When the love dims
When our kids run away
When the house empties
When we are abused
When we are alone
When we are guilty
When death arrives
We all have our own “Superman” for these issues. Some of us look to family, friends, church, or the government. Let me share with you 5 reasons to look to God.
1. God is faithful (Hebrew 13:5). Jesus stated that He would never leave us or forsake us. Money comes and goes. Love runs thin. Life ends. The writer of Hebrews reminds us that God is faithful to His children. We do not have to worry about being left alone.
2. God is inclusive (1 Corinthians 12). Every child of God has a purpose in the family. You never have to worry about feeling useless.
3. God thinks ahead (John 14:1-3). How many times have we said “I just didn’t think that would happen?” God never says that. He has already thought everything through. When your future seems unsure, you need not worry because God has it under control.
4. God is available (1 Pet 5:7; 1 Thess 5:17). Because God cares for you he always has time for you. You are not a bother to Him. He is ready to hear from you always.
5. God forgives (1 John 1:9). The ultimate in provision is this point. All that we have done wrong is erased by placing faith in Jesus Christ and relinquishing your rights to lead your own life.
There you have it, 5 reasons you can look to God. May you find the peace God desires for your life as you turn to Him.